Uwaga Spoiler!

'Dead Ever After' Charlaine Harris

Dead Ever After - Charlaine Harris

“She’s not out to get me?” Your life was not right when you were actually surprised that someone didn't want to kill you.

“I’d heard that there was a devil in New Orleans,” he said.
“The Devil? Or a devil?” Amelia asked.
“What an excellent question,” Mr. Cataliades said. “In fact, a devil. The Devil himself seldom makes a personal appearance. You can imagine the crowds.”
None of us knew quite what to say, so perhaps we couldn't.

“Just don’t let it happen again. This is the one and only time I’m scrubbing blood out of your kitchen,” Michele said. She was smiling. But she meant it.
“Oh, I can promise it will be,” I said. “I’ll call someone else next time.” They laughed, and I smiled back. Ha effing ha.

I thought the cowboy boots would come off, but they didn't, and I spared a sliver of a second to wish I’d taken the jeans option for the bar. No, I’d wanted to look cute, and here I was, running through a cornfield in danger of getting killed in a flirty skirt and a formerly white eyelet blouse. Plus, my arm was bleeding. Thank God there weren't any vamps after me.
I wanted away from the light. I wanted to find a place to hunker down. Or a house full of shotguns, that would be good.

Data pierwszego wydania: 2013
Seria: Sookie Stackhouse (Southern Vampire)
Tom 13